Pricing & Terms
Prices are per person in US Dollars based on the number of people in a room.
IMPORTANT: All tour prices, taxes, and airfares quoted here are based on tariffs, costs, and United States dollar exchange rates that were in effect at the time of publication. Consequently, prices herein are subject to change. Due to fluctuations in global oil prices, a fuel surcharge may be added to your tour fee. You will be advised of details and costs prior to departure.
- Arrival airport transfer for those arriving October 10, 2017.
- 12-nights accommodation (including 6-nights outside stateroom aboard the Hurtigruten MS Polarlys coastal ferry ship).
- Economy airfare – Alta-Oslo.
- All tour motorcoach transportation, as noted in itinerary.
- All meals as specified in itinerary.
- All sightseeing tours and admissions as noted in itinerary.
- Services of a TravelQuest Trip Leader and Astronomer.
- Private lectures along with stargazing and aurora viewing sessions.
- English-speaking local guide for all included land-based activities.
- International air transportation to and from Oslo, Norway (OSL).
- Meals and activities not specified in the itinerary.
- Airport baggage handling.
- Passports & visa fees, along with any required immunizations.
- Items of a personal nature, including Internet access, spa, and laundry services, non-included beverages, etc.
- Travel Insurance
Payments & Terms
- An advance payment of $1,500 USD per person, along with the completed reservation form, are required to secure your reservation. (After April 10, 2017, tour deposit at the time of booking becomes $3,500 per person.)
- A second payment in the amount of $2,000 USD per person is due by April 10, 2017.
- Final payment is due by July 10, 2017.
- Cancellations must be made in writing via email, fax or mail.
- All advance payments, less a $850 USD per person service fee, are refundable until May 10, 2017.
- There are no refunds after May 10, 2017.
- Air cancellation terms are additional.
It is each traveler’s responsibility to take all appropriate medical advice prior to booking as to whether or not they are fit enough to undertake this trip. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us.
Travel insurance protects you from the unexpected “what-if’s” on your travels. What if your bags go missing, what if you have to cancel, what if you need medical assistance? We at TravelQuest International recommend that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. You may purchase this insurance on your own or you may contact our friends at Travelex who are familiar with our trips and offer a selection of coverages to suit your needs. To be eligible for the waiver of pre-existing medical condition exclusion, their plans must be purchased within 21 days from the time you make your initial deposit to TravelQuest. Otherwise, the plan may be purchased any time prior to departure.
For more information on these plans or to enroll, click this link or contact Travelex Insurance Services direct at 1-800-228-9792, and reference location number 03-6043.
A Note About Fuel
In the uncertain, often volatile oil market, it is difficult to predict long-term fuel costs, and more specifically, costs at the time of the voyage. Our prices are based on the prevailing fuel rates at the time of the brochure publication, which is well in advance of departure. While we will do everything possible to maintain our prices, if fuel prices increase significantly at or before the time of the voyage, it may be necessary to institute a fuel surcharge.