Russian Blini (Crepes)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4½ tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup egg crystals mixed with ¾ cup water (or 4 eggs)
- 1 quart milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place flour into a large bowl. Make a deep well in the center. Place salt, sugar, vegetable oil and eggs into the well.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Pour batter onto a large skillet over medium heat, about ¼ cup at a time. Tilt pan to spread the batter evenly. Cook about 1 minute per side.
Fillings/toppings include butter, Nutella, powdered sugar and various jams. Makes about 20 crepes.