When the 2008 Olympics kick off on Thursday, there will be more to see than just top-notch athletic competition. DISCOVER brings you all the info you need to understand the sweet technology and captivating science that goes into the Olympic events:
• The Year The Olympics Went (Really) Hi-Tech
• 20 Things You Didn't Know About... Sports Technology
• How to Turn Your Fist Into a Brick-Breaking Machine
• Physics Proves It: Everyone Should Shoot Granny-Style
• Will Gene Therapy Destroy Sports?
• Athletes On the Edge: Sword Swallowers, Arctic Swimmers, and Human Cannonballs
Many of these articles are from DISCOVER's special issue on the human body. The issue will be on sale through September 22, only at newsstands.